the Antidote: Contact & Ethos
Suzanne Duckett

Contact & Ethos

Realistic remedies to help counteract modern-day maladies, edited by leading beauty and wellness journalist and expert Suzanne Duckett.

 


 

sd@suzanneduckett.com
+44 (0) 7711 008 112
  |  

Studio P14, The Old Power Station, 121 Mortlake High Street, London SW14 8SN

 


 

The Antidote’s written word…

I have been writing about beauty and wellness for around 20 years and am the former Beauty Director for Cosmopolitan and Good Housekeeping among other leading women’s magazines. I am now freelance and write beauty and wellness articles for many magazines and newspapers including The Times, The Telegraph, Grazia, Stylist, Psychologies magazine to name but a few. I also appeared regularly on LK Today and GMTV for nearly ten years talking about all things beauty and wellbeing and had a lifetyle talk show on London’s LBC.

I started this site so that I had a place to share wellness snippets and more natural, ethical, sustainable beauty products. There’s a definite move towards a more conscientious holistic health and beauty approach and we now label-checking our face creams in the same way as we do our yoghurts. The Antidote’s simple ethos mirrors my view of healthy living and eating –opt for as many organic, natural and healthy products and choices as possible 80% of the time and splurging on the other stuff the other 20%.

Rather than getting obsessed about it all, I take the ‘a little of what you fancy’ approach. You won’t find mad, unsustainable regimes and fads here. Instead, we offer scrupulously edited products and distilled expert advice, all set against a wonderfully calm back-drop that’s been digitally de-cluttered so as not to overload your beauty cabinet or your mind. The Antidote believes that less is absolutely more – more space, more peace, more clarity, more time.

The Antidote’s spoken word…

Word of mouth and the spoken word will always trump social media. I’ll always prefer a real conversation to get my head round a matter and hear opinions and thoughts, news and insights, which is why I also host expert talks, based on the famed salons of Paris. These intimate gatherings are melting pots of cogitation where those with a professional and/or personal interest in conscious, intelligent beauty, grooming and wellbeing can meet to flesh things out over good coffee, enjoying intelligent debate about thorny and polarising issues facing the beauty and wellbeing sectors.

I get the pleasure of interviewing – for you, and with you – high-profile guest panellists. The ultimate antidote to digital detachment and anti-social media and a wonderful dose of group therapy that you are very welcome to join. We will keep you posted on all our salons and their shooting stars.

I also offer a Wellbeing Audit personal service – a 1-1 consultation over the phone that gets to the heart of your wellbeing woes and arms you with a personal #duckettlist of antidotes and suggestions of what to do, who to see (top therapists from all modalities) and where to go to improve your personal wellbeing. Simply click here to secure your 1-hour slot and I look forward to talking to you.

 

Suzanne Duckett
Editor and Founder of the Antidote